[ltp] configuring sound for 380z

mark stubblefield linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:09:23 -0600

Hello:
I'm having troubles configuring the sound modules for my thinkpad 380z.  i
can get sound(wav's, midi's, cd, etc) to play fine.. and the only way i
could do this was to reverse the dma's from dma=0 dma1=1 to dma=1 dma1=0.
the only problem is, and is bothering me quite repeatedly, is that i get a
'popping' sound before a wave is played and then any other files played
shortly,  or nearly immediately after that, dont pop.  but if i havent
played one, for say 5 seconds, i get the popping noise again after i play
another one.  any ideas or solutions?

thinkpad 380z
Crystal CS423x sound
irq=5 dma=0 dma1=1 io=0x530 sbaddress=220 from ps2 in dos (cant get tpctl to
work .. modules arent working)
redhat 6.1 (yeah yeah :oP )
stock 6.1 kernel (2.2.12-20) havent recompiled it.. yet

thanks
Mark Stubblefield
markstubb@charter.net