[ltp] Intro and quick question

Thomas Porter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:37:15 -0500

Hello there,

I am a long-time Linux user, currently running RH 6.1 on my main dexktop box.
Just ordered a TP600X and figured I would get on this list to help prepare for
the installation of a real OS on my new TP.

Any other TP600X owners out there?  Any hints or tips on things to look out
for?  I am aware of the IBM page on installing RH6.0 on a TP600E, and have seen
the pointers on the Linux-laptops page for the TP600X entry, but any other
pointers would be very welsome.

This will be my first laptop install, since my previous notebook is a Toshiba
portege T3400 without enough RAM or HD space to install Linux on.

--
Tom Porter                                       txporter@mindspring.com