[ltp] X11 is slugish

Abed M. Hammoud linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:42:48 -0700

Hello,

I just installed Redhat on my 770X (256M RAM, 8.1G) thinkpad.
The X server is real sluggish (it works better on my TP380).
am I doing anything wrong? do I need a special server to take
advantage of the 770X capabilities. Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Note, I did check the linux on 770X home page (great page)
and I saw a mention of some patches to the XFree server.
Do I need to do these patches or have they been
integrated into the XFree that I have which I think
is 3.3.5.

Thanks,
Abed

--
Abed M. Hammoud, D.Sc.                  abed@anatomic.com
Medtronic,                              Office: (303) 439-9709 x210