[ltp] X11 is slugish

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:52:56 +0000

"Abed M. Hammoud" wrote:

> Note, I did check the linux on 770X home page (great page)
> and I saw a mention of some patches to the XFree server.

Which one ? My one ?

> Do I need to do these patches or have they been
> integrated into the XFree that I have which I think
> is 3.3.5.

If you are using 3.3.5 then the patches are already in there.
Since 3.3.1d AFAIK.

Regarding the performance issue do you have the following line in your
XF86Config:
Option "accel"

This is also mentioned on my page, I even highlighted it by using a red
font.

If not then you really need it, otherwise X is like syrup.

Bill