[ltp] Accessing >8GB on 600E

Repko John M II (Jay) NPRI linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:12:00 -0500

I also had a flicker in X with a TP770E.  I found that if I start X with
startx -- -bpp 32 the flicker doesn't happen.  It only happens in 8 and 16
bit modes.

I am running RH6.1.  It flickered with RH5.2, RH6.0, and RH6.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: sorosz@asbis.sk [mailto:sorosz@asbis.sk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 9:54 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Accessing >8GB on 600E

Hi Folks,
I agree with Heiko,
I had problems to even install RedHat 6.1 on TP 770ED (9549-5A0). After I
downloaded RH 6.2 Beta, I was successfull to set up everything, including X,
BUT
-

The screen in X (KDE) flickers, so that a longer work is impossible. The
setup
detected the Trident Cyber adapter and installed the SVGA x server.

Could anyone help please? I'm an newbie with plans to study documentation
under
X and try to understand how things work. The first thing I need is a
non-flickering screen.

Thanks in advance for any help from you guys

Stefan

Heiko Huettel <hhuettel@to.com> on 18.02.2000 08:38:28

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com