[ltp] X11 is slugish

Mark Ball linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:11:08 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Harry Mangalam wrote:

> This is a reported 'feature' with laptops, especially with thinkpads (see
> the apmd discussion list).  I hadn't heard that it had such a good
> correlation with anything before tho.  Interesting.  I'll try this asap and

So far I've encountered 3 anomalies related to booting up on battery
power:

1) /proc/cpuinfo; is this just cosmetic?

2) focus-follows-mouse in fvwm2 behaves erratically, for example, not
   giving focus to a window that popped up under the pointer.  Have to
   drag mouse over window frame to obtain focus.

3) Reports hw_addr of 00:00:00:00:00:00 for Farallon ethernet card.
   The correct hw_addr is used if booted on external power.

These conditions (frustrations) persist even if the power supply is
plugged in after booting from battery.

mark