[ltp] The listed working modem just doesn't work???

L.C. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:24:50 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I've got a card stated on the big list on
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html that was tested
working--Hawking PN610-Flex. However it still fails.

In messages it shows:

cardmgr[376]:executing: "'insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/pcmcia/serial_cs.o'
kernel: register_serial(): autoconfig failed
kernel: serial_cs:register_serial() at 0x03f8, irq 3 failed

I've to say that my pcmcia 3com 10/100 ethernet works just great. I
don't know if anything I did wrong or simply that card won't work under
linux 6.1? Again, I've disableed the mwave modem using thinkpad config
utility and exclude irq4, and exclude port 0x2f8-0x2ff already. I
suspect I yet mis-configed something????

Please, suggestions.

Carl

=====