[ltp] installing different HD in tp 760EL

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:06:43 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, M. Leo Cooper wrote:

> The problem is that while I can physically install the drives, the BIOS
> will not recognize them. Actually, I don't even know how to get into the
> BIOS setup to set the drive parameters. In a desktop machine, holding
> down <Delete> at reset or bootup gets into the BIOS, but on my tp it
> just gets me an error message. Holding down <F1> gets into "Easy-Setup",
> but this does not allow changing the drive parameters.

You may need to "Initialize" after you change drives. Get into Easy Setup,
and bang around until you find Initialize. This will also set all your
devices to factory default address and memory settings, so your OS may get
confused.

Worth a try at least.

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio