[ltp] The listed working modem just doesn't work???

L.C. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:06:29 -0800 (PST)

I've got the reply from Colin Roald who reported it worked confirmed
that it works under Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop in RH6.1. As such I
think it's either IBM ThinkPad 600e's problem or my mis-configuration.

In fact I've tried 0x2f8, 0x3f8, 0x2e8, 0x 3e8 on irq4, irq3, irq5,
irq9 and they all failed. As I could see from /proc/interrupts that
those irqs didn't get used at all. And the I/O port ranges are all free
too.

Enable or Disable the pnp in BIOS wouldn't help either.

My question now is that which pcmcia 56k modems people every make it
work under IBM TP600E? I'll just buy the one people experienced working
under TP600E.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

=====