[ltp] RedHat 6.1 onto tp600x

Wayne Scott linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 08:05:51 -0800

From: Eric Bentley <eric_bentley@email.com>
> So, does anyone know the dimensions of the 12GB drive in the 600X?
>
> Has anyone installed RH6.1 onto a TP600X?
>
> If I have any further success, I'll post it.

Sounds like your problem is with the BIOS.  The last BIOS release for
the 600E broke the disk geometry reporting for Linux.  Their
recommendation was to downgrade to the last released version.  That
might not be an option for the 600X.  I am still using the latest
bios, and Linux works find as long as you pass the disk geom. on the
kernel command line.

Unfortunatly I don't know the geom. for the 12G disk.

Don't know about your screen problems.

-Wayne