[ltp] Re: Thinkpad 600X Linux page

Hawtin, James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:32:48 -0000

Try

linux hda=1558,240,64

The first argument is the kernel you want to boot for a list of names type ?
at the lilo
prompt

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Bentley [mailto:eric_bentley@email.com]
Sent: 05 January 2000 19:36
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Re: Thinkpad 600X Linux page

I went to the below mentioned page and tried hda=1558,240,64 at the boot
prompt but it keeps telling me that it cannot find the image named
....(I can't remember the exact message).  Because of the video problem
I mentioned earlier, I want to be in text mode, so I tried:
text hda=1558,240,64
and although I do start the install, I still get the message that it can
not read the partition data and there is no hda listed in /dev.

Can someone tell me what exactly I should be tying at the boot: prompt?

THanks,

-Eric

> Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > I've put up some tips for setting up Linux on a Thinkpad 600X at
> > <http://www.io.com/~manoj/linux-tp600x/>. Hope this is useful to
> > someone.

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.
--
MCI WorldCom Year 2000 information http://www.wcom.co.uk/2000