[ltp] apm settings

Michael Herron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:49:39 -0600 (CST)

I am running RH 6.1 on an i1480.

If on battery power I would like to computer to fall asleep/standby
after 10 minutes of no contact.  Are there some settings that would
enable this?  I have looked through the apm(d) man pages, and it
appears that the kernel apm driver calls apmd under certain
conditions.  So, I guess what I want to do is set those conditions
under which apmd, with an appropriate argument, is called.

The man pages refer to a proxy command searched for in
/etc/apmd/apmd_proxy.  I have no /etc/apmd directory, however.  Could
someone explain what is going on here?

Thanks.

Michael