[ltp] network not joined

Hawtin, James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:25:16 -0000

> How do I disable the serial port, ir port and parallel port?

Or your could add
exclude irq 3,4,7

in your pcmcia.opts

(I think)

Ok looks like its picking up the same irq as the serial port would be on.

There are 3 ways you can disable the serial port.

1) Use the thinkpad configuration program under windows
(This should be have been installed by ibm's distrubtion)
or you can get it from there web site

2) Use the ps2 program underdos
(Its in a set of tools on IBMs web site)

3) Use tpctl for linux but you will have to compile up at one

Urls anyone, my thinkpad is at home at the moment....

James

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.
--
MCI WorldCom Year 2000 information http://www.wcom.co.uk/2000