[ltp] telnet

Les Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:18:28 +1100

billy ball wrote:

>> the Mandrake install forgets to install the telnet daemon...  <<

Thanks for that info - I'm using Caldera and observed similar behaviour
with a minimal install, which doesn't include netkit-telnet-whatever.
Bizarre: a Linux system without telnetd is just broken . . .

Incidentally, for those of you using Caldera OpenLinux 2.3, and perhaps
contemplating a less-than-full install, I've constructed a comparison chart
that shows what packages you get for the different installs. It's at:

http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/web/COL+2.3+Packages?OpenDocument

Best,

--- Les [http://www.lesbell.com.au]