[ltp] New bios stops rh61

Jim Conley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 07:57:32 -0500

Hi,

I saw an earlier post where someone had the latest bios version for tp600e
(inet28ww) and could not get redhat to recognize his hard drive partion.  It
seems that the same has happended to me.

I had bios version inet24ww on this tp600e and loaded rh61 fine.  I upgraded
to inet28ww to try to fix a memory problem going from 64M --> 128M.
Immediately, rh61 does not read hda and my previously working fine machine
won't boot!

Two questions...
1.  Has anyone heard of a fix for this?
2.  Who at IBM do I contact to ask?
3.  Can I go back to inet24ww?  (My memory problem was not fixed, either).

Ok, 3 questions.

-Jim