[ltp] New bios stops rh61

Jim Conley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:54:04 -0500

No, I didn't see that (I'm new to the list)... Thank you!

-Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Scott [mailto:wscott@ichips.intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 11:15 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com; Adrian_Merwood@tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] New bios stops rh61

From: Adrian_Merwood@tivoli.com
> I am the original poster.....I raised the problem on the IBM Support
Thinkpad
> discussion list and have yet to see an answer.

You did see the message that said:

  We have reproduced the problem here at IBM and are working on it.
  For now people can downgrade to the previous BIOS and fix the problems
  with Linux.  We have verified that this works.

This is not best answer, but it isn't bad.
I would say they did respond to your problem.

It has been a while since then, but I probably takes a while to
qualify new BIOS releases.

-Wayne