[ltp] Can't go to sleep

Michael Herron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:08:50 -0600 (CST)

Sylvain writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I experienced a strange proble after installing Linux+LILO on a IBM
 > Thinkpad i1467 : After this installation, each time I launch the sleep
 > manager (in Win98), it answered me that it cannot work on a machine
 > without any hard disk. But when I close the top of the laptop, at least
 > with win98, it goes into hibernation.

Do you mean standby when you close the top?  There is a sleep manager
in Win98 and you can configure what you want to happen when you close
the top of the machine.  I've never had that error, by the way, and I
configured my win98 sleep manager last week.  How did you re-partition
your disk?

As for your last comment, I do not believe hibernation is supported in
linux at present.  Check the apmd man page.  Under linux, when I hit
the sleep key (alt-function-4, or something like this - not working on
my laptop at the moment) my machine goes into sleep/standby mode with
no problems.  I did not have to set anything to do this.  Closing the
lid does nothing, though.

michael