[ltp] sound on tp770

Bob Koss linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
22 Jan 2000 07:51:57 -0500

I put this in my rc.local file, and sound has been working on my 770Z
ever since:

/sbin/modprobe sound
/sbin/insmod ad1848
/sbin/insmod uart401
/sbin/insmod io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0

"vikram gulati" <gulativ@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi all:
> This is my first time emailing everyone about a common problem with tp770.
>
> I have everything working except sound.  I will appreciate any help. I am
> running redhat 6.1. When i try using sndconfig utility and select the
> crystal sound card from the menu, i hear a weird sound, so obviously there
> is something not right.  Let me know if anyone has any insight.
>
> thanks,
> vikram (vik)

Robert Koss, Ph.D.  | Object Mentor, Inc.    | Tel: (800) 338-6716
Senior Consultant   | 14619 N Somerset Cr    | Fax: (847) 918-1023
rskoss@oma.com      | Green Oaks IL 60048    | www.objectmentor.com