[ltp] Lilo and networking

Jacqueline R. Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:49:40 -0000

Just under two weeks ago I posted the following as part of a larger item. I
am guessing it was lost in the whole thing.

My configuration:

    TP 770Z, 9549-8B0 with 13.7 TFT (1280*1024), 14.1Gb, CD-ROM,

    NT 4.0 WS pre-installed with SP4.

    SuSE 6.1 kernel 2.2.7, PCMCIA 3.0.9, XFree 3.3.3.1

    VMWare for NT and VMWare for Linux

Lilo and networking:

I have this desire to tell Linux at boot time not to load the network if I
choose, e.g. a "nonet" section in lilo.conf that some how ripples through to
everything else stopping the network routines loading. Is there a way to do
this from the lilo boot prompt? Would I use append="???????". I think of
this as the same sort of feature as hardware profiles in NT.

Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.

Jackie