[ltp] new bios for 770Z (ioet21ww)

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:44:36 +0100

Hello,

I just tried the new bios (1.03) for 770Z, labelled ioet21ww.
After the upgrade, linux crashed at boot time, just after
it failed to probe the IDE HD.  (Changelog says that
"The system now forces UltraDMA mode for Docking IDE to UltraDMA
mode2." : this may be the cause of the pb ?)

--> kernel-2.3.20 : even is you force the hda=1826,240,63 geometry,
    the kernel crashes anyway.
--> kernel-2.2.13 : you can boot successfully with this lilo param.

Reverting to previous ioet19ww worked fine to me.

Fabrice