[ltp] Thinkpad 240

Sungjin Chun linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:18:14 +0900

When it comes to installation, I have to use PCMCIA cd-rom
to install my OpenLinux 2.3, then I have to recompile kernel
to support APM. Sound, I cannot make it work with free
kernel sound driver, so I have to buy commercial OSS driver
and it works well. Internal modem is Lucent Winmodem and
it does not work with my 2.2.10 or 2.2.14 kernel, it, I think
only works with 2.2.12 kernel only 'cause it's binary
driver.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> It appears that I joined this list in the midst of the discussion.
>
> Can someone summarize the current knowledge regarding the installation
> of Linux on a ThinkPad 240?
>
> Thanks,
> David H. Silber

> > > No, I'm using it but it's modem is winmodem and the binary
> > > driver only works with 2.2.12 or later. Sound, I use with OSS driver.
> > > Good machine for me.
> >
> > Hi, Sungjin, thanks for your reply. I'll be getting my 240 on Monday.
> >
> > What did you mean by `binary driver'? Driver for what?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
> > Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Title: Programmer, LinuxOne       |  LANGUAGES:
Name:  Chun, Sungjin              |    C : Base for Ordinary People.
E-Mail:                           |    FORTRAN : Lang. for Handicapped.
  ninja@linuxone.co.kr            |    C++ : For Dummies.
  ninja@aerohel.snu.ac.kr         |    ObjC : For Genius.
  ninja@pvmcube2.snu.ac.kr        |    ST-80 : REAL LANG.
Comment:                          |    Pascal : So so
  Logic Rules.                    |    ASM : &*$#*%*@&^#@*