[ltp] SerialPort for Palm V

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:37:34 -0700 (PDT)

On 30-Jun-00 Mikhail 'Misha' Rutman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up my ThinkPad 600x to sync with my PalmV. I
> am having
> troubles in getting the serial port to work. I have determined
> that the
> appropriate device is /dev/ttyS0. I also ran the PS2.EXE
> utility to enable
> the serial port and also to turn the power on. Some sys outputs
> follow:
>
> [root ]# setserial /dev/ttyS0
> /dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x0, IRQ: 0
> [root ]# tpctl --rx
> resource state:                                  current
>  floppy controller:                             enable  0x3f0
> IRQ6
>  parallel port:                                 enable  0x3bc
> IRQ7 ext'd
>  serial port 1:                                 enable  0x0
> IRQ0
>  serial port 2:                                 enable  0x3f8
> IRQ4

This looks as if there's only a serial port at COM2, i.e.
/dev/ttyS1 - did you tell PS2 to use COM2 for the serial port (I
dont remember whether there's such an option - just make sure
that it's not the IR port that is using io==0x3f8 / IRQ4).
Simply try `setserial /dev/ttyS1' and check whether you can talk
to your pilot - if it still doesn't work, reboot DOS and verify
the settings paying attention to the IR port.