[ltp] Any reason for a DOS/Windoze partition?

Bud Rogers linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
02 Jul 2000 16:07:23 -0500

Jason.Breitweg@blind-guardian.com (Jason T. Breitweg) writes:

> I have a fairly new TP240 which came with a 6GB hard disk with two
> paritions.  I left Windoze on the 2GB parition it came on and I
> installed SuSE 6.3 on the remaining 4GB partition.  Anyway I was just
> wondering if there is any reason at all that I should keep the vfat
> partition that Windoze is on?  I don't ever plan on using Windoze on
> this machine at all but maybe I need a small partition for BIOS
> updates and such?  Or can I do stuff like that from a DOS boot floppy?

Can't advise you there.  I kept the DOS/Win partition because I need it for
work.

> What about hibernation issues?  Does anyone here have any experience
> with getting hibernation to work properly on the TP 240?  any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

Seems to work OK on my 240.  As I remember I had to recompile the kernel
with support for apmd.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>  http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html