[ltp] TP suspend/hibernation

James M. Corey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:45:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sure people have automated it better,  but on my TP600E I lock the
X screen and then close the lid, which (after configuring so) will
result in the apm command running this script before suspending:

chvt 1
ifdown ppp0
cardctl eject & killall pump
sleep 1
killall pump

As you can see, RedHat's pump program gets in the way.  Some people
have recommended using regular dhcp instead.  I really should do that.
Also, the little script is kinda strange looking and I don't
remember why I wrote it that way, but it works pretty well.

Hope some of this is useful with your TP570 despite the model
differences.