[ltp] Linux on ON TP 600x

Paul Mabey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:05:27 -0400

Has anyone had any good experience with Linux on a 600X? I have tried all
the major distributions and each one has its own different problems. The
most successful was Caldera EDesktop 2.4 where I could get all but the
Audio working. I have found one good website on installing RedHat on the
600X and several on the older 600's but none of them really solved my Audio
problems.

It seems there isn't a reliable sound driver out there for the CS4624
Chipset. I had limited success using the Alsa cs461x driver but
unfortunately the sound was of too bad a quality to use. And the OSS
drivers didn't even come close to working. If anyone has any good ideas of
getting sound working on the 600X, it would be greatly appreciated.

rgds, Paul.