[ltp] Linux on ON TP 600x

Michael Haynie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:00:12 -0400

I'm working with a 600x, running RedHat 6.1 with the sound working using the
latest alsa cs461x drivers, except for a few small nits. If you got sound to
work, but it sounds noisy, you probably have APM setup to control power on the
PCI bus -- use the DOS/Win configuration utilities to turn off power
management for the PCI bus.

My smallish problems have to do with getting sound to restart properly after
closing the lid or similar power down, and I really haven't tried to fix it
all that hard. Everything else from the display to the PCMCIA system works
great.