[ltp] Are 390E good machines?

Allen Knutson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi!
> Anyone got any good/bad experiences with 390E?  Thanks for any input!

There's a bunch of stuff I haven't gotten to work (mainly sound and
suspension). Reading some of the very good Linux on Laptop 390E pages,
I have figured out that a BIOS upgrade will fix these. Unfortunately,
my floppy drive doesn't work - evidently it has never worked.
(I can't boot off it, Windows doesn't find it...) All year I never had
any need for the floppy drive, and this is the only thing I'm ever going
to use it for, and I can't bear to be without it while it gets fixed.
So I'm waiting until I get a second machine (and can bear its
temporary loss). Aside from this, it's a pleasant machine, but I don't
have a lot of laptop experience to compare it to.
								Allen K.