[ltp] IrDA problems on a 600E running RedHat 6.2

Robert Virding linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 15:10:50 +0200

I have tried to get my IR-port running but I can't seem to get it
working.  I have read some documentationon setting up the IR-port and
have done what they have said (fixing up the COM port in DOS, editing
conf.modules).

When I try to run irattach I get a log entry like:

"irattach: tcsetattr: Input/output error"

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is and what to do about it?
All I want to do is to connect to my phone (Nokia 8210) and use it as a
modem to run PPP.

Another question is that if I set the IR-port to COM2/ttyS1 will this
cause problems with my pcmcia modem card which lands on ttyS1 by
default?

Thanks for any help or advice,

	Robert

--
Robert Virding                          Tel: +46 (0)8 692 22 12
Bluetail AB                             Email: rv@bluetail.com