[ltp] Turn off that PCI power management on 600X

Joshua Gerth linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:33:48 -0700 (PDT)

FYI

If anyone is interested.  I was the person who was experiencing system
lockups when trying to download a large (300+ Meg) file.  After installing
multiple networking cards and multiple linux distributions to no avail I
finally went through and started shutting off the IBM power saving
*features*.

It turns out that the stupid PCI power management *feature* was to blame.
Once I shut it off all was good.  Plus, now my sound card works.

Joshua