[ltp] IrDA problems on a 600E running RedHat 6.2

Edwin van Ouwerkerk Moria linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 08:57:53 CEST

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, Robert Virding wrote:

> Subject: [ltp] IrDA problems on a 600E running RedHat 6.2
> When I try to run irattach I get a log entry like:
> "irattach: tcsetattr: Input/output error"

I've got an TP600, (also under RedHat 6.2, but with 2.2.16 kernel), and
sometimes I get the same errormessage. rmmod-ing all iIR-related modules
AND the serial module, and then restarting the IR stack (irattach and all
that) solves it for me.
IR works for me - most of the time. I guess it will be more stable in the
2.4 kernel series...

--
What has four legs and an arm?  A happy pit bull.