[ltp] Regain Data...

Hawtin, James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:13:13 +0100

If you know the size of the partitions then you can "guess" at what they
should be,

You can tell its a fat32 etc partition start because it has strings in it,
linux however it harder. As ext2 does not have key strings. I have done this
myself....
If you can guess sizes you are on to a winner.... This is what i did start
with the first partition. Set it to the size of the disk.... move the start
back towards the end of the disk till you hit something that works, Then get
the size of the partition from linux and use that to set the length of the
partition now do the same thign again the next partition should start where
the other one ended.

Personnally I (NOW) keep a printout of my partition table in dead tree
format.

If however win95 has created one big partition on your disk and formated
it.. you stuffed (I hope you had backups).

James

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.