[ltp] X on 560E

Scott Dixon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:26:22 -0700

I haven't been running standard XFree86 recently on my 560e (I've been using XIG
instead).  The reason was that XFree86 went through a stage a while back where
the support for the Trident graphics chip in the 560e wasn't working.  More
recent versions of XFree86 have fixed that problem and so I would first suggest
you make sure you are up to date on XFree86 v3.  If so, then you should be able
to run the standard XF86 config tool and find that one of the choices is IBM TFT
(or something pretty similar to that), which worked just fine when I tried it
recently.  Unfortunately, I don't still have that on my machine so I can't send
it to you.  But the configuration should be pretty straightforward with the
latest XF86 version 3.  I haven't tried XF86 v4 on the 560e so I don't know if
that works or not.
Good luck.
S.