[ltp] IBM Token Ring on TP760EL with RH6.2

m_zawada linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:06:44 -0800

"Chan Tin Ho" <thchan@gmx.net> wrote on Monday July 3, 2000 at
12:46pm:
>Hi all,
>
>I have difficulties in setting up my token ring card on my tp760el.
I use
>IBM Token Ring Auto 16/4 Credit Card Adapter and everytime I start
the
>pcmcia daemon following output occurs:
>
>Satring PCMCIA services: modules cardmgr
>ibmtr_cs: register_trdev() failed
>
>My linux system is RH6.2 and I read from various newsgroups that I
need to
>modify the config.opts file. Can anyone of you advise which entries
are to
>be modified to get the card running? Any help would be appreciated.
Many
>thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Chan Tin Ho

>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
Hi, i have TP765L and RH6.1 I have already fighted this problem
succesfully. What you should do is :
- comment line which says about high memory areas :
#include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff
- change ibmtr_cs line to :
module "ibmtr_cs" opts "mmiobase=0xd6000 srambase=0xd8000 sramsize=32"
and it should work. If not play with mmiobase and srambase areas.
I think my machine is similar enough to yours.
If you want provide feedback if you're sucesssful or not I am also
curious abut it.
Enjoy !