[ltp] Whcih soundcard in a 600E

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

On 18-Jul-00 James Mckenzie wrote:
> Robert Virding wrote:
>
>> When I ask my my TP with 'sndconfig' it tells me I have a
>>
>> CS 4610/11 CrystalClear SoundFusion audio Accelerator
>>
>> Is this the same as the CS 4239 chip which is mentioned in
>> most papers?
>> And can I use the CS 4232 drivers as claimed?  'Sndconfig'
>> also tells
>> me I need ALSA drivers for this chip, is this right?
>>

> Get the latest ALSA drivers.

snip

> You can also use the OSS/Linux drivers, however they do cost
> $$$.

You can also use the cs4232 driver distributed with the linux 2.2
kernel (formerly known as `Free OSS'). I found it easier to setup
than ALSA. There are fewer modules and the conf.modules entries
are far less confusing. Consult

http://www-hft.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/~strauman/cs4239-oss/index.html

(you have to be patient - the server is very slow, lately :-( )

Till.