[Re: [ltp] Problems with IBM EtherJet cardbus]

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:06:18 -0700

At 07:00 AM 7/18/00, you wrote:
Hello There,

         I'm using Red Hat 6.2 with Kernel 2.2.16 (BTW I updated the new
kernel yesterday) .. and I have an IBM Etherjet CardBus 10/100 and It's
working fine since I installed Red Hat .. :) .. I'll try to get my config
files and send them over ...

Carry On,
Marco Bicca

>Hi There,
>
>I (for the first time) am also trying to get the Linux
>Ethernet ont the IBM TP up and running :-(
>I'm also using the EtherJet CarBus 10/100 on a TP600.
>Also, I'm using andrake 6.5 (all updates applied).
>I upgraded to the latest pcmcia-cs version and
>as per Mandrake support am using the new tulip_cb
>driver. The card seems to be recognized properly
>but it also does not work properly. The instructions
>simply say...
>"Edit the /etc/pcmcia/network and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts files
>to match your needs"
>
>After going through the HOW-TO's and various other links
>to docs, etc. I also see that there is a cs89x0_cs driver
>that is said to work.
>
>It's all quite mind numbing. Paul, if you have a working
>setup, can you attach the relavent entries in you network
>and network.opts files?
>
>Paul Barrett <Barrett@stsci.edu> wrote:
> > wolfie writes:
> >  > How did you get the Etherjet Cardbus to work? Is this a combo card?
> >  >
> >  > Wolfgang Sanyer
> >  >

> > It used to work reasonably well up to about a month ago.  I was mainly
> > using Redhat then.  I guess that the latest problems began since
> > upgrading to Mandrake 7.0.
> >
> > Once I edited the network.opt file correctly, it worked fine.
> >
> > It is not a combo card.
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Paul Barrett       Space Telescope Science Institute
> > Phone: 410-516-6714    ESS/Science Software Group
> > FAX:   410-516-8615    Baltimore, MD 21218

Marco Antonio Alves V. Bicca
Twilight Drummer
ICQ: <http://www.icq.com/3198441>3198441
Website: http://www.hadeswarden.net
<mailto:mbicca@hadeswarden.net>mbicca@hadeswarden.net
                  " If I die tomorrow , I would be alright because
                                   I believe , that after we're gone ..
                                                 The Spirit Carries On ..."