[ltp] Linux on the T20

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:14:02 +0800 (SGT)

I'm planning to purchase a T20. Has anyone had good news getting Linux to
run on the T20?

I understand that the Savage IX video chipset would requier a patched
XFree86 server from S3. Do you know if this would eventually be supported
by the standard XFree86 releases? Or does one have to continually depend
on S3 for updates? (ie, is S3 open with their chipset information?)

How about audio? The T20 has a CS4624 which I don't see as a supported
chipset either in OSS/Free or ALSA.

Also, is APM properly supported? ie, standby, suspend, hibernate, resume?

I like to be sure that at least the above works.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

.lzs