[ltp] Linux on the T20

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:54:27 +0800 (SGT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Bjorn Knutsson wrote:

> I installed on one last week, no major problems. I used RedHat 6.2.

Thanks, great to hear about that!

> It's currently unsupported in the standard distribution, but there is a X
> server from S3 that works. The only problem I had with it was that the console
> is messed up a while after the X server is started.

Ok, that means the messed up console is still 'recoverable'?

> >From what I can tell, no major problems. The built in ethernet card is detected
> correctly. The modem is a winmodem, so you're out of luck there.

The model I'm planning to get here doesn't include the ethernet.

Btw, I understand the winmodem is a Lucent winmodem, so you could probably
get it to work with the drivers at www.linmodems.org :)

Regards,

.lzs