[ltp] Linux on the T20

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:57:56 -0400

AS an fyi,  one of the models in the T20 family as well as one of the
models in the A20 family will come with a Linux preload.  Anticipated
availability is end of July/beginning of August. I expect that order info
should be on the website soon!  If the model matches your other
requirements, please consider ordering the Linux preload and show the team
that customers are actually interested in Linux on ThinkPads!   The systems
will be preloaded with Caldera eDesktop 2.4 , with updated drivers for the
video,audio, etc.  I'ld expect that those drivers will be available on the
IBM website soon as well.  You should start seeing more configuration
information, drivers,etc on the IBM website in the near term.

BTW -- glad to see you're interested in ThinkPads and running Linux on
these puppies.

Cheers,
Frank

Frank Novak, STSM,  PSG Linux Project Office
Linux Strategy, Systems & Technology, IBM Personal Systems Group
Internet:   fnovak@us.ibm.com  ;  Notes:   Frank Novak/Watson/IBM @IBMUS
Phone:    919-543-4793 (t/l 441)   ;  Fax:      919-543-3396
---------------------- Forwarded by Frank Novak/Watson/IBM on 07/18/2000

Lai Zit Seng <lzs@pobox.com> on 07/18/2000 07:14:02 PM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com