[ltp] Linux on the T20

Steven Filling linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:42:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 19-Jul-2000 fnovak@us.ibm.com extemporized:
> AS an fyi,  one of the models in the T20 family as well as one of the
> models in the A20 family will come with a Linux preload.
>
> BTW -- glad to see you're interested in ThinkPads and running Linux on
> these puppies.

Frank -
As most, I'm glad IBM is "coming around."  Please pass on to your product
teams that the "one of the models" strategy sucks.  There are just as many
tastes among linux users as among those poor benighted souls using Windoze.
I don't mean that to sound confrontational, but when are "they" going to
get it?  It's not as if supporting the lineup would add that much work.

TIA
S.
E-Mail:
Steven Filling <steven@samsara.csustan.edu>