[ltp] TP765L - Kickstart(network install) problem . . . .

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:45:31 +0200

v2benway@us.ibm.com wrote:

>    I'm attempting to install linux via the network.  I
> downloaded the install diskette(V0.97) from:
>
> http://ace1.watson.ibm.com/wsdc/service.nsf/Linux+Install+Disk+Request
>
>      How can I alter the KS.CFG to not  install LILO in the Master
> Boot Record ? Instead, I want to install it in the first sector
> of the boot partition(Linux native - Ext2)
>
>      Because of DASD constraints on older ThinkPads, I want to
> specify/select which packages to install. How can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

Hi Henry,

 It is nice to know that IBM provides this kind of service for
their employees but this really doesn't belong here.

 You'll have to ask your internal support structure about this one.

Bill.