[ltp] Re: Linux on the T20

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Jul 2000 10:58:16 -0400

kfrechet@us.ibm.com writes:

> 2. Crystal audio - The standard ALSA drivers work, with the following
> limitations: 1) PCI bus power management must be disabled in BIOS, 2) the
> audio drivers must be stopped and restarted to recover from power events
> (suspend / resume, hibernate / resume, etc.).

It would be nice to avoid these problems.  When I asked on alsa-user
if one could get around turning off PCI bus pm, Bill Nottingham said
to ask IBM/Cirrus how to raise/lower the CLKRUN pin on the chip.  (I'm
not a hardware guy, so I don't know what that means....)

If that's the solution, would it be possible to get that info so some
happy alsa hacker can fix that?  I don't know how much of a difference
PCI bus pm makes for battery life, but I'd like to have as much pm as
possible.

Will the apm changes for the alsa-driver be contributed back to alsa?

115 days, 42 minutes, 51 seconds till we run away.
A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry.