[ltp] Linux on the T20

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:25:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Bill Mair wrote:

> Cool. BUT does the T20 S3 X server stuff hang up the screen when
> configured
> for closing the lid and NOT suspending/hibernating ? 770's go all brown
> and
> bad if you do this.

Well I gave 4.0.1 a try on my 770X, you must use noaccel at the
moment, and the screen boots up werid fn-F7 twice fixes that. However it
does not get the screen mode right ie my 1280x1024 display comes up
1024x768 The good news is works with lid up/down blanking restoring
everthing! Much be worth a try for people.

Give it a try... Its getting there... hopefully Xfree86 will have it
licked in the next version.

James