[ltp] Linux on the T20

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:17:11 -0400

Bill,

> Cool. BUT does the T20 S3 X server stuff hang up the screen when
> configured
> for closing the lid and NOT suspending/hibernating ? 770's go all brown
> and
> bad if you do this.

This seems to work just fine on the T20. Perhaps you should upgrade! :-)

>Way cool. BUT under what license is the source being released ? GPL ?
> ALSA
> is GPL I believe.

Components that are modified are being release under their original
licenses. For new code
done by Linuxcare, I believe they've used the GPL.

> Okay, NOW the crunch question:
>
> If Lucent can do this, then when will IBM follow suit and do te same
> thing for
> their MWave/ACP modems ????

No comment. (Well, what did you expect?!)

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761