[ltp] Re: Linksys ethernet+modem card

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Jul 2000 15:29:49 -0400

Mark Alford <alford@ctpstatler.mit.edu> writes:

> Has anyone been able to get the modem to work on a
> Linksys combined ethernet + modem card?

Yes.  I had it working on my Toshiba... hadn't tried the modem yet on
my A20p, but I'll try now...

Ok, here's what I had to do.  Edit config.opts to comment out all port
entries besides port 0x100-0x4ff.  Make sure kernel is configured with
serial port irq sharing.

FWIW, that's the only change I've needed to make things work.  I'm
using pcmcia-cs 3.1.19 (well, the 7-17 beta) but it should work on
earlier ones.  If not, give the beta a try (on the ftp site, under
NEW).

114 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes, 58 seconds till we run away.
The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.