[ltp] Re: Linux on the T20

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Jul 2000 17:21:32 -0400

kfrechet@us.ibm.com writes:

[A20p]

> Why would people want to spend tons extra for a system when they
> wouldn't be able to use such functionality as video capture,
> UltraPort devices, DVD-Movie playback, accelerated X, etc.?

1400x1050 screen.  (Sure, you could just get an Inspiron with the
screen, but the A20p has a better video chip, lighter, and sturdier.)

Actually, accelerated X is working... ATI has been funding the r128
driver development and while the mobility stuff isn't completely
working yet (you need to boot with vesafb to get the resolution set
right) it's definately fast.

114 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes, 33 seconds till we run away.
In every non-trivial program there is at least one bug.