[ltp] Re: 2 redhat questions

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Jul 2000 19:53:50 -0400

Harry Mangalam <mangalam@home.com> writes:

> I was under the constraint that NT was already loaded and I didn't want to
> re-install NT after Linux.
>
> Would welcome pointers to doing it the right way.

Well, I don't know if it's the right way, but here's what I did on my
wife's Inspiron 7000, preloaded on two partitions with second
partition empty.

* Run RH installer.  Remove partition 2, make swap and Linux
  partition.  Install.

* Tell it to put lilo in the MBR, and otherwise act like that WinNT
  partition is really DOS.

* Reboot.  Choose OS in lilo prompt.

Oh, I forgot step 0: forget the NT bootloader mini-howto, because it's
unnecessary and royally painful.

114 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes, 37 seconds till we run away.
100% Damage to life support!!!!