[ltp] suspend twice on 560E with 2.2.16 kernel?

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:18:38 +0100

> how do I set up things such that I can suspend (or hibernate) more than
> once? Currently, my TP 560E with 2.2.16 kernel will only blink the
> `suspend' LED a couple of times and then continue when I try to suspend
> for the second time. From what I read, this problem should be solved in
> ``the latest stable kernels'', but for me, it isn't :-(

Dirk,

Couple of things which have worked for me on a 560 then a 600E:

- try killing the apmd process, and see if that helps.  If it
  does, then run with it permanently disabled (I did this for
  several years).

- Try upgrading your BIOS.  Look particularly to upgrades for the
  "slave controller", which I believe is the code word for "the
  battery".  (but remember there was a bios release which broke
  linux, check the archives to make sure you don't use that one)

good luck,
Michael.