[ltp] IBM Thinkpad A20 + XFree86?

Eric Nichols linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:19:38 -0400

Bill,

Based on your later message regarding lspci output, you have the same
sound as I do on my 600X. Use the ALSA Project sound driver , cs461x,
and disable power managment for the PCI bus. Also check out the linux
for laptops site. There are several good pages for Thinkpads and there
may be some news about the internal Ethernet adapter. Sorry I don't have
the page URL; I'm currently in Windows mode :-<  You can find links for
it at IBM linux faq and linux.com.

Regards,

Eric Nichols
Bill Broadley <bill@math.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

Just got a new Ibm Thinkpad A20 with the 1400x1050 display.

I checked out the Thinkpad faq, the Linux-thinkpad webring, and a couple
of related google searches.

<snip>
Any hints on getting the internal ethernet, or sound working.  I've
found references to the winmodem driver but I'm not worried about
that yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Bill