[ltp] DVD ??

Bradley W. Langhorst linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:46:50 +0000

Thomas Wimmer wrote:

> "Bradley W. Langhorst" wrote:
> >
> > you mean the hardware decoder card?
> > not yet.  Livid works on my 770E (badly).
>
> How did you do that ?
> I followed the HOWTO, but a "make" on the "oms"-directory produced a
> lot of errors (DVD_AUTH is undeclared, among others)
>
> > brad
I had to do a little bit of src hacking  - but
essentially i just got the cvs version and compiled.

I've heard that it bugs right now. You might try waiting
a few days and try  to cvs update and rebuild...

It runs really slowly though - like 7 fps and the audio
is way out of sync.  Unless your machine is much faster than mine (266)
don't bother. Someday when i have more time i might fool around with
trying to get the hardware decoder
card to work.

brad
--