[ltp] Patch for ALSA sound driver for CS4236+

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:28:38 -0400

(Please forgive me if you have received this message before.)

Hello.

I have written a patch for release 0.5.7 of the ALSA sound drivers
for the CS4236 and compatible sound chips (such as are found in
the ThinkPad 600 and other models) which implements restoration
of register values after a suspend and resume.  This solves the
problem of sound going haywire after a resume, without requiring
that the ALSA sound modules be reloaded.  (Reloading the sound
modules is inconvenient because it can only be done if one kills
all processes holding open sound devices.)

The patch is a hack but it works.  Get it at:
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/alsapatchhome.html

The code has been integrated by the ALSA developers into the
latest CVS sources in a more kosher way.  This code *may* be
included in the next (0.5.8) release of the ALSA drivers but
will certainly turn up in 0.6.0.  In the meantime the patch
works fine for 0.5.7.

--
Thomas Hood
jdthoodREMOVETHIS@mail.com

p.s. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Till Straumann
for inspiring this patch and for giving me some crucial help in
debugging it.